Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Basil Protection Spell

Basil Protection Spell
By Lrae Sirrub

To be done during a Full Moon
You Will Need:
One white candle
One carnation flower
Ground basil 1 cup

The Spell:

Place the carnation in the bowl of consecrated water, and set the basil in front of the white candle.
Light the candle ,breathe deeply and clear your mind. Begin to concentrate on the powers of protection, visualize a strong shell surrounding you, glowing hot.
When this has been accomplished, say in a powerful voice:

"I call on the guardians and on the power of the Lord and the Lady.
I surround myself with the protection of fire.
I am supported by the strength and grace of earth.
The winds bring me gentle shifts and the water's flow eases the energy in this time.
I believe in this protection and I release my fears, so that I may connect to the pulse of life.
May this be done within the greater good,
So mote it be, so be it should!"

Let the candle burn for as long as you like.
You can take this opportunity to meditate and release the spell into the cosmos.
When you are ready, snuff out the candle.
Keep this candle and burn it during meditation whenever you feel a need for extra protection.
When the candle has eventually been burned completely, repeat this spell if you feel the need.
When done, take the basil and scatter it on the ground under the light of the full moon.
The spell is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment